Wordsworth Morning Half Day Tour
Windermere Railway Station
This half day tour will take you to places associated with the poet Wordsworth. See typical English villages, shops, cemeteries, churches, cottages, gardens, and fields in just one morning.
- Grasmere Village where William Wordsworth lived.
- Church Stile the former inn where William Wordsworth, his brother John and fellow romantic poet Samuel Taylor Coleridge stayed for several days during their Lake District tour in 1797.
- Grasmere Gingerbread Shop where Sarah Nelson invented the world famous "Grasmere Gingerbread" in 1854.
- The Wordsworth family graves.
- St Oswald's Church where the Wordsworth family worshiped.
- Dove Cottage where William Wordsworth and his sister Dorothy lived from 1799 to 1808.
- Views of Grasmere, the beautiful lake the Wordsworths knew so well.
- Rydal Mount William Wordsworth's best loved family home from 1813 to his death in 1850.
- Rydal Hall Gardens where Wordsworth admired the waterfall from the "grot" viewing house, originally built in 1688.
- Rydal Church built on the site chosen by William Wordsworth which also inspired two of his poems.
- Dora's Field bought by William Wordsworth in 1826, and planted with hundreds of daffodil bulbs by William and his wife in memory of their daughter Dora.
- Views of Rydal Water, one of the smaller lakes, with steps leading up to "Wordsworth's Seat", reputedly the poet's favourite viewpoint.
- Half-day tour
- Optional admission to Dove Cottage
- Optional admission to Rydal Mount
- Knowledgeable guide to provide expert commentary and analysis, as well as taking care of practicalities and general support throughout the tour
- Experienced driver for your safety on the steep, narrow and twisty Lakeland roads
- Small group of up to 6 people for a more flexible and personalized experience
- Use of personal radio communication technology to keep you in-touch with your guide when you are off the minibus
- This tour is not suitable for children under the age of 5
- Comfortable shoes
- Spending money
- Layered clothing
- Overnight items
- Outerwear, such as a coat
- Voucher: You will receive a secure voucher to either print out or present on your mobile phone.
- Cancellation Policy: For a full refund, please cancel at least 24 hours prior to the start date of the experience.
- Quality Assurance: Travelade only works with selected local partners we trust to provide high quality service.