The Brontes, Wuthering Heights, And Jane Eyre
This tour takes you through three counties to the village of Haworth and the parsonage where the Bronte sisters lived with their father, set in the bleak moorland landscape of North Yorkshire.
- Brontë Parsonage Museum & Graveyard to see where the Rev. Patrick Brontë and his children Branwell, Charlotte, Emily and Anne lived and died. The rooms where they wrote their famous works are still filled with their furniture, clothes, and possessions.
- Haworth with its evocative cobbled streets and quirky vintage shops, including The Black Bull pub, frequented by Bramwell Brontë.
- Wycoller Hall, the romantic ruin which was the inspiration for "Ferndean Manor" of Jane Eyre
- St Michael and All Angels Church, where all the Brontës except Anne are buried in the family vault.
- The wild Pennine moors, the haunt of the Brontës from childhood and the dramatic backdrop to their literary lives.
- Cowan Bridge, the location of the infamous Clergy Daughter's School, the inspiration for "Lowood School" in Charlotte Bronte's "Jane Eyre".
- Ponden Hall, the inspiration for "Thrushcross Grange" in Emily Brontë's "Wuthering Heights".
- The beautiful countryside of Lancashire and the Yorkshire Dales National Park, so very different from Cumbria's fells and lakes.
- Full day tour
- Admission to Brontë Parsonage Museum
- Knowledgeable guide to provide expert commentary and analysis, as well as taking care of practicalities and general support throughout the day
- Experienced driver for your safety on the steep, narrow and twisty country roads
- Small group of up to 6 people for a more flexible and personalized experience
- Use of personal radio communication technology to keep you in touch with your guide when you are off the minibus
- This tour is not suitable for children under the age of 5
- Comfortable shoes
- Spending money
- Layered clothing
- Outerwear, such as gloves and a coat
- Voucher: You will receive a secure voucher to either print out or present on your mobile phone.
- Cancellation Policy: For a full refund, please cancel at least 24 hours prior to the start date of the experience.
- Quality Assurance: Travelade only works with selected local partners we trust to provide high quality service.