Beatrix Potter Afternoon Half Day Tour
This half day tour will take you to all the important places associated with Beatrix Potter, author of the world-famous children's book The Tale of Peter Rabbit. Whether you're a fan, or you just want to take in the beautiful English countryside, this tour has something for everyone.
- Wray Castle where Beatrix spent her 16th birthday and first discovered the Lake District where she was to later make her home.
- Near Sawrey village which Beatrix visited often, used as inspiration for her illustrations and where she happily settled and married.
- Hill Top, the house which Beatrix bought from the money she made from the publication of Peter Rabbit.
- Esthwaite Water where Beatrix fished from her boat and said was "the most beautiful of the lakes... some scenery is almost theatrical or ultra-romantic".
- Hawkshead village where she visited her future husband, William Heelis on business.
- Tarn Hows bought by Beatrix as part of the vast Monk Coniston Estate and regarded as one of the most beautiful places in the Lake District.
- Coniston Water with spectacular views of the lake and Coniston Old Man and from where Beatrix's Monk Coniston Estate land started which she left in her will to the National Trust to be worked and preserved for the nation.
- Yewdale Valley where Beatrix owned farms and land including Yew Tree Farm which you may recognise from the film Miss Potter.
- Half day tour
- Optional admission to Hill Top
- Knowledgeable guide to provide expert commentary and analysis, as well as taking care of practicalities and general support throughout the tour
- Experienced driver for your safety on the steep, narrow and twisty Lakeland roads
- Small group of up to 6 people for a more flexible and personalized experience
- Use of personal radio communication technology to keep you in-touch with your guide when you are off the minibus
- This tour is not suitable for children under the age of 5
- Comfortable shoes
- Spending money
- Layered clothing
- Outerwear, such as gloves and a coat
- Voucher: You will receive a secure voucher to either print out or present on your mobile phone.
- Cancellation Policy: For a full refund, please cancel at least 24 hours prior to the start date of the experience.
- Quality Assurance: Travelade only works with selected local partners we trust to provide high quality service.
Booking not available
Unfortunately there is no availability for this experience at this moment.
Find similar experiences here: