This morning will take you to experience life with a Moroccan Berber family. Understand the Berber culture, spend some time in a small village and experience the countryside first hand.
Perhaps one of our most enjoyed day trips from Marrakech is The Day in the Life of a Berber! This hands-on cultural day is full of fun, learning, and experiencing Berber culture. It is a day excursion that can easily be added to your Morocco tour. Want to know more?
What Is It?
The Day in the Life of a Berber is a program that has been developed by Adrar Aventure in a small village south of Marrakech. The program is based out of a traditional Berber house that is equipped to hold a fairly large group of 6 people. The program’s intent is to allow visitors to experience more of the real Berber culture.
What Do You Do?
The program is packed full of fun activities like learning to brew mint tea, baking bread in the clay oven, cooking tajine over the coals, and experiencing life as Berbers. Whether you are drawing water from the well or helping harvest olives, the time allows you to get a small glimpse into the rural Berber life.
· Pick up from & return transfer to your hotel/riad (or closest parking) on 4WD
· Professional English Frensh and Spanish speaking Guide
· Bottled water
· Agafay Desert Total Cross on 4wd
· Visit the authentic local village
· Experience and participate on daily tasks from baking your own bread, learning to make your own tagine, cooking on coals, milking the goats, going for water at the well, making mint tea and helping on traditional land farming…
· Lunch with the locals in a local home
· Limited liability insurance.
· Have your camera with you for great snapshots or serious photography.
· We recommend you wear closed shoes, comfortable clothing, sunscreen and warm clothes for winter sunshine.
· To best enjoy this experience, we suggest you respect local customs and avoid wearing shorts or skirts.
· For your peace of mind, we recommend you check you have a personal all risk insurance with repatriation option
Sharing is caring!