Day 1: Fes - Ifrane - Monkey Forest - Midelt - Erfoud - Merzouga Desert
- We start our journey early in the morning and head for the Middle Atlas Mountains.
- Stop for a coffee in Ifran, also known as «Switzerland of Morocco» with its chalet-like houses.
- Shortly after it’s time to feed the monkeys! They live in a cedar forest and love the sweet bananas which you can buy at the roadside.
- From here we are heading south through several typical villages and you will have the opportunity to spot nomad families living in their tents along the road.
- After our lunch in Midelt, we continue our drive and enjoy panoramic views crossing the Tizi N' Talghoumt pass. In Erfoud, you can enjoy a fantastic view of the valley of the river Ziz lined with thousands of date palms. Now we’re almost at the dunes!
- After arriving in Merzouga, you will experience a one-hour camel ride to reach the desert camp while the sun sinks down behind the dunes. Enjoy your evening dining in a Berber tent, look for shooting stars at the campfire and sleep in nomad tent!
Day 2: Merzouga - Rissani - Erfoud - Todra Gorges - Dades Valley
- Wake up by the first strays of light to watch the sunrise over the Sahara before you enjoy your typical breakfast.
- We return on the camel's back or 4x4 to the desert lodge where a nice shower awaits us. In Rissani we will have the opportunity to visit the local market with the «donkey parking» and have a look at some fossils outside the city.
- After a lunch break, we will follow the road along the river to reach the gorges of Todra, where you can take a short but spectacular hike between the up to 300 m high rock walls.
- Before arriving at our Riad for the night in the Dades valley, we head to Boumalne Dades where you can make some nice pictures of the
special rock formations which look like monkey hands. Dinner and overnight at a Riad in Dades.
Day 3: Dades Valley - Valley of Roses - Ouarzazate - Aït Ben-Haddou - High Atlas - Marrakech
- Today we will see a lot of different landscapes on our way to Marrakech. Admire the views of the Valley of a thousand Kasbahs and the famous Valley of Roses along the road. In the desert city Ouarzazate also knows as «Hollywood of Morocco», you can explore the ancient Kasbah of Taourirt, which was built in the Glaoui dynasty.
- A little outside of Ouarzazate lies Aït Ben Haddou, the fortified clay city with its numerous ksars and kasbahs, where several famous movies such as Gladiator, Kingdom of Heaven and Prince of Persia have been shot. This photogenic city is also listed as a UNESCO World Heritage Site.
- After the visit and lunch in Aït Ben-Haddou, we pass the High Atlas mountains over the Tizi n’Tichka pass with scenic views along the road and many opportunities to take photos. Evening arrival in Marrakech at your Riad or Hotel.