The Waterfall Trail
Your accommodation in Egilsstaðir
Explore some of the top waterfalls in Iceland along the Jökulsá River on this special Waterfall trail tour. The tour will take nine quality hours since the trail takes place along a river that boasts of 15 waterfalls. You will not only love the breathtaking walk but also be blown away by the panoramic view of the landscapes. The waterfalls have a vertical fall of 600 meters in just about 30Km. Your climax of the tour will be a visit to an abandoned farm of Kleif. If you are daring enough, you can try winching across the river using a traditional cableway.
- The Icelandic Wilderness Center is located at the edge of the wilderness by the Jökulsá river which boasts around 15 waterfalls, large and small. No other river in the country has as many waterfalls, and the river’s vertical drop is around 600 meters in only 30 kilometers. After experiencing the Wilderness Exhibition, the walk takes you to the abandoned farm of Kleif, and soon you will catch sight of the lowest of the waterfalls. Daring souls can try their hand at winching themselves across the Jökulsá river by a traditional cableway. As you walk along the river, the falls appear one after the other. You’ll follow a marked trail through a birch wood. The walk from the Center to the Laugarfell Highland Hostel takes about 6 hours. At the hostel, you can relax in an outside pool of warm spring water.
- Fully guided tour
- Access to the natural hot spring
- Admission to the Wilderness exhibition
- A packed lunch and refreshments
- Pick up and drop off at the airport (Price: 12,000 ISK)
- Extra night before or after the tour at the Wilderness Center.
- Most people can participate
- Requires moderate body fitness
- Comfortable shoes
- Spending money
- Layered clothing
- Outerwear, such as gloves & a coat (dependant on weather)
- Voucher: You will receive a secure voucher to either print out or present on your mobile phone.
- Cancellation Policy: For a full refund, please cancel at least 24 hours prior to the start date of the experience.
- Quality Assurance: Travelade only works with selected local partners we trust to provide high-quality service.
- Pickup at Egilsstaðir Airport/hotel/guesthouse in Egilsstaðir around 8:30 am (first morning flight – optional) will be provided at an extra cost