Magical Glacier Hike
Come with us on this fun and easy hike on Snæfellsjökull Glacier! The well-known magical elements of Snæfellsjökull Glacier can be experienced on this tour, especially for those seeking pure contact with unspoiled nature.
- This tour begins at Gufuskálar, where we fit crampons and boots. From there we drive our mountain truck up to the roots of Snæfellsjökull Glacier, at an elevation of 750 meters. Then, we walk up to the glacier ice, where we put on crampons and walk at a relatively easy pace up to about 900 meters to see crevasses, moulins and other interesting ice formations on the way. During the hike, we'll stop at regular intervals to enjoy the beautiful view over the lowlands and Breiðafjörður Bay on the one side and Snæfellsjökull Summit on the other.
- Gore-Tex outwear/shell
- Mountaineering/hiking boots
- All necessary glacier safety gear
- Ice axe
- You need to be reasonably fit to participate, even though this is an easy tour
- Comfortable shoes
- Spending money
- Layered clothing
- Outerwear, such as gloves and a coat (dependent on season)
- Voucher: You will receive a secure voucher to either print out or present on your mobile phone.
- Cancellation Policy: For a full refund, please cancel at least 24 hours prior to the start date of the experience.
- Quality Assurance: Travelade only works with selected local partners we trust to provide high-quality service.
Booking not available
Unfortunately there is no availability for this experience at this moment.
Find similar experiences here: