Lake Mývatn & Powerful Dettifoss
Your accommodation in Akureyri
Embark on an 8-hour tour of some of the most spectacular sites in Iceland starting from Akureyri. The exciting tour starts with a visit to the Goðafoss waterfall before making another exhilarating visit to the Hverarönd hot springs in Námaskarð. The climax of the tour will be a visit to the powerful Dettifoss waterfall and a later sightseeing expedition of the lava formations of Dimmuborgir.
- Lake Mývatn and the surroundings is a must see while exploring the north! First we drive along the coast of Eyjafjordur, We begin by stopping at Goðafoss, one of the most spectacular waterfalls in Iceland, on our way to Dettifoss and lake Mývatn, the lake was created by a large basaltic lava eruption 2300 years ago, and the surrounding landscape is dominated by volcanic landforms, including lava pillars and rootless vents. We will stop at the hot spring area at Hverarönd in Námaskarð. Then it comes to one of the most powerful waterfalls in Europe, Dettifoss. On the way back we come to the unique lava formations of Dimmuborgir which are among the most popular tourist attractions in the Myvatn area and also in Skútustaðagígar (pseudo craters area). Our last stop is in Eyjafjordur where you can see over the fjord to Akureyri.
- Goðafoss waterfall (waterfall of the gods)
- Dettifoss waterfall (Europe´s most powerful waterfall)
- Hverarönd in Námaskarð (hot spring area)
- Skútustaðagígar (pseudo craters area)
- Unique lava formations in Dimmuborgir
- Admission to all attractions
- Ground transportation
- English-speaking guide
- Most people can participate
- Max. 6 person in JEEP
- Comfortable shoes
- Spending money
- Layered clothing
- Outerwear, such as gloves and a coat (dependent on season)
- Voucher: You will receive a secure voucher to either print out or present on your mobile phone.
- Cancellation Policy: For a full refund, please cancel at least 24 hours prior to the start date of the experience.
- Quality Assurance: Travelade only works with selected local partners we trust to provide high-quality service.
Note: This tour depends on weather and road conditions, changes to the itinerary might happen with short notice.
- You will be picked from your hotel, or meet on location: Hof culture house Strandgata 12 at 09:00