Ice Cave Tour
Visit one of Vatnajökull´s more remote ice caves for a chance to witness one of the famous stunning blue ice caves found in Iceland. This is a small group tour where we aim to get to a more remote ice cave away from the crowds.
The ice cave tour is the most popular of our tours. This is a short tour that allows you to experience the stunning blue caves of the Vatnajökull glacier, perfect for those looking for an introductory tour or those with a jam-packed schedule.
One of the charming things about Ice caves is that they are constantly evolving, we will never be able to visit the exact same cave as the previous season. When scouting for caves we look not only at the size but also the colours and overall beauty of the location. On average caves are from 30-100m in length
- Local ice cave guide
- Any safety glacier gear needed for the tour
- 4x4 ride from our base to the glacier
- Suitable for age of 10 years and up
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Good boots or hiking shoes are essential, as we sometimes need to put on crampons and sometimes the ground can be very muddy in or on the way to the ice cave.
- You can rent hiking boots from us on location for 1,000 ISK.
- Please wear warm and waterproof outdoor clothing, hat and gloves.
- Voucher: You will receive a secure voucher to either print out or present on your mobile phone.
- Cancellation Policy: For a full refund, please cancel at least 24 hours prior to the start date of the experience.
- Quality Assurance: Travelade only works with selected local partners we trust to provide high-quality service.