A inch by inch half day sea kayak exploration of the lacy coastline of the Mani
Kardamyli and Stoupa two villages in the Mani nestled between the blue waters of the Messinian Gulf and Mount Taygetos creating one of the prettiest settings in the Peloponnese. Sea kayaking here is indeed one of our most popular tours offering an inch by inch exploration of the rich in images and diversity environment. The lacy coastline of the Mani. We paddle in warm crystal-clear waters, exploring hidden coves and impressive rock formations. We visit sea caves and discover idyllic beaches sprouted along the shoreline.
Our trip starts from Kardamyli’s old harbor. Before departure, your guide will brief you on trip details, kayak paddling techniques, and safety measures. Soon we will be exploring the coast at a relaxed paddling pace and your guides will reveal you some of the secrets of the area. Each little cove hides a special surprise such as hidden sea caves, rock gardens, cliffs with spectacular formation, hidden sandy and pebble beaches. The perspective of the sea bed from your kayak is unique. You can see through the crystal-clear water the sea life and if you are lucky a sea turtle swimming under your kayak. One of the top attractions of this trip is a visit to the Blue Cave. A spectacular natural phenomenon where sunlight passing through a crack in the cave reflects on the seafloor an aquamarine color. A swim into the cave is a must-do and a lifetime experience. On the way, we shall visit rock pyramids emerging from the sea with an option for those daring to try in cliff diving. Halfway we shall make a relaxing stop for swimming, snorkeling and to taste a homemade picnic of fresh local delicacies. After lunch we shall paddle back to the starting point to end a remarkable day at the coastline of Mani.
- Super stable and easy to paddle Paddleboards
- Full SUP equipment: paddle, life jacket, leash, dry bags
- Snorkeling equipment: goggles & snorkels
- Land and water-based Paddleboarding instructions
- British Canoeing (BC) trip leaders also holding first aid certificate.
- Eco friendly cultural and educational guiding
- Picnic with freshly baked bread fruits and vegetables, homemade olive oil, and cheese
- Waterproof camera and photographs from the trip
- Liability insurance
- All taxes
- Bottle of water (1,5 litre per person)
- Any specific medication you are on
- Hat or cap
- Short or long sleeve t-shirt (quick dry if available)
- Swimwear or shorts
- Change of dry clothes
- Sea shoes or flip flops or sandals (Avoid bulky shoes, trainers and socks)