A Kayak trip around a medieval town perched on an iceberg like megalith island
The Citadel town of Monemvasia is not only a unique medieval gem of Greece but also one of the most beautiful castle towns in the world. An iceberg like megalith stone surrounded by the sea with sheer cliffs rising hundreds of meters is a unique travel experience offering unique opportunities for outdoor activities. Sea kayaking in Monemvasia reveals amazing views of the city walls, the rock, and the spectacular cliffs visible only from the sea. Meet your guide at Monemvasia’s small port located across the fort, and get a short introduction to paddling techniques, safety measures, and equipment. Soon we shall hop on our kayaks for a trip around the rock like never before. It is well known that the best view of Monemvasia is from the sea and this is what we shall do. Paddling under the impressive city walls and rocks on which the town is built you will enjoy breathtaking views of the citadel town from a different perspective. You will enjoy in private the best view of the city walls and the medieval town with several breaks for story-telling. This is unquestionably the most beautiful part of our sea adventure. The area is mostly rugged, but that doesn’t mean that you can’t enjoy a swim. Our next stop is ‘’Portelo’’, a small, hidden gap on the south side of the walls offering the unique experience of swimming in the shade of the Castle of Monemvasia and as well as a platform for fun diving! After completing our paddling around the rock, we shall jump out of our kayaks onto a beach, where we will break for a homemade picnic, sunbathing and snorkeling to discover the richness of the underwater world. We finish the day paddling back to the starting bay overlooking the rock from a different angle.
- Super stable and easy to paddle single or tandem Kayaks with rudder
- Full Sea Kayak equipment: paddle, life jacket, spray-deck, waterproof jacket, waterproof bags
- Snorkeling equipment (goggles & snorkels)
- Land and water-based Sea Kayaking paddling instructions
- British Canoeing (BC) Sea Kayak leaders also holding first aid certificate.
- Eco friendly cultural and educational guiding
- Picnic with freshly baked bread fruits and vegetables, homemade olive oil, and cheese
- Waterproof camera and photographs from the trip
- Liability insurance
- All taxes
- Bottle of water (1,5 litre per person)
- Any specific medication you are on
- Hat or cap
- Short or long sleeve t-shirt (quick dry if available)
- Swimwear or shorts
- Change of dry clothes
- Sea shoes or flip flops or sandals (Avoid bulky shoes, trainers and socks)
Sharing is caring!