A half day Rafting trip in the river of Zeus
Lousios is the river where Zeus took his first bath after his birth. Alfios is the longest river of the Peloponnese and a god himself according to mythology. Both rivers flow through an impressive gorge, with white limestone cliffs rising above surrounded by prolific plant life even in the summer. Until the 20th century the river’s power was harnessed by numerous watermills, whilst the cliffs above provided refuge to hermits and monks in caves and cliff- hugging monasteries, the latter of which is still inhabited. Here, a unique rafting experience into two of the most beautiful rivers of Greece takes place.
Our trip starts from the bridge of Atsicholos in Arcadia. In the beginning, a brief training will be conducted by your river guide and you will be given wetsuits, lifejackets, helmets and paddles. We are ready to discover the hidden natural wonders of the area, have fun whilst paddling and swimming in the crystal-clear waters. The difficulty of the rapids we encounter during the trip is easy with a few moderate parts on level 2-3 based on the river rating of difficulty. During summer months’ river conditions and the volume of water makes this activity easier and suitable for everyone, beginners and families with kids. In Spring and Autumn, depending on the rainfall and the water volume the activity gets more challenging and ideal for those seeking more action and adrenaline. Previous experience is not required.
- Full Rafting equipment: paddle, life jacket, wetsuit, waterproof jacket
- Land and water-based Sea Kayaking paddling instructions
- Rafting river guides also holding first aid certificate.
- Eco friendly cultural and educational guiding
- Waterproof camera and photographs from the trip
- Liability insurance
- All taxes
- Bottle of water (1,5 litre per person)
- Any specific medication you are on
- Hat or cap
- Short or long sleeve t-shirt (quick dry if available)
- Swimwear or shorts
- Change of dry clothes (to change after river trekking)
- Spare pair of shoes that will get wet. Suitable are hiking shoes or trainers (Open shoes, sandals or flip-flops are unsuitable)