Experience the rich culinary culture of Helsinki during an appetizing 2-hour small-group food walking tour of the vibrant Finnish capital. With an expert gastronome guide, discover hidden foodie hotspots and sample a selection of local delicacies.
Meet at the Old Market Hall within stone's throw away from Helsinki Market
Square to get started on this 2-hour walking tour for food enthusiasts.
Prepare to see many of the city center sights on this tour, including the Park
Esplanadi, Bulevardi Street, Candy Sweet Shop, Alko the liquor store and the
traditional Finnish restaurant Kappeli.
Tour participants will have the chance to experience the local gastronomy and cooking at a restaurant and market hall offering traditional local food and snacks.
You will taste specialties from Helsinki:
• an iconic Lappish delicacy - cold-smoked reindeer meat
• tasty local sausages
• traditional Finnish squeaky "bread" cheese with cloudberry jam
• the most popular Finnish drink - filtered coffee with milk
• delicious snacks in the oldest restaurant in Helsinki
• champagne produced exclusively for the restaurantWith each tasting, participants will be told about Finnish history or more current anecdotes. You will also have a chance to purchase souvenirs at the Old Market Hall, Candy Sweet Shop and Alko store.
Food tasting,Glass of sparkling wine or juice,Local guide,Entry/Admission - The Esplanadi Park,Entry/Admission - Old Market Hall